Chances are if you have been gaming for a long time, you might have heard of the game Worms. Well the good news is that if you were looking to get your hands on the game again, possibly in a more modern format, the game’s developer, Team 17, has confirmed that Worms 3 is set for a release on iOS devices come Q3 2013. The game will support devices such as the iPhone, iPod touch and the iPad, although pricing of the game have yet to be determined. According to the folks at Polygon, Worms 3 for iOS will feature 27 single-player missions, as well as the classic Worms multiplayer mode where players can play in “Forts” and “Deathmatch” modes.
Multiplayer mode can be played locally, such as through a “pass-and-play” mode using a single device, along with ranked and friendly matches and also support for AirPlay on AppleTV which will support up to four players. In addition to more classic weapons that Worms players might recognize and remember fondly, Worms 3 for iOS will introduce new weapons such as Canned Heat, Nora’s Virus and Black Hole Grenade. It sounds like the game is shaping up to be a ton of fun, so who else (besides me) is excited for its release later this year?
- 2014-04-22 iTunes App Store Now Labels Apps With In-App Purchases
- 2014-04-22 Jailbroken iOS Devices Vulnerable To Apple ID And Password Stealing Malware
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Facebook Paper App For iOS Updated
- 2014-04-20 Beats Music Embraces In-App Subscriptions To Drive Subscriber Base
- 2014-04-17 Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16 Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-03-30 Facebook Messenger iOS Update Brings Groups, Forwarding And More