Now, there have been some pretty weird pillows that we have seen in the past, and the Ostrich Pillow is definitely one of them that managed to make the jump from being an idea to a successful Kickstarter project. Now only that, Capcom too, recently introduced a special edition Blood Pillow that ought to freak out those who suffer from hemophobia. Apart from that, we have also seen a dictionary desk pillow that looks extremely comfortable to catch some forty winks on thanks to its size. Trust the Japanese to come up with the zany Hizamakura Lap Pillow, which is a foam pillow that comes in the shape of a life-sized woman’s lap and legs.
Right now, it is sold out at the Japan Trend Shop in the Tokyo and Narita International airports, and somehow I am not too surprised to hear that. The Hizamakura Lap Pillow happens to be an accessory which looks like the kneeling, mini skirt wearing lap of a woman, and it was the brainchild of the Trane Corporation in the mid 2000’s, where it was then advertised as a homesickness-healing accessory. If only it came with its own built-in warmer, now that would make it all the more realistic.
- 2013-09-03: Technogel Helps You Sleep Better
- 2013-08-21: This Nintendo 64 Controller Pillow May Have You Dreaming Of Video Games
- 2011-11-14: Jukusui-kun pillow helps put an end to snoring
- 2011-08-09: Veyl ePillow puts your iPad in a pillow
- 2011-07-25: Evolution Neck Pillow makes sleeping on flights comfortable