Instagram has not yet made an official app appearance over on the Windows Phone platform, and lately, you could say that Instagram have gotten rather paranoid, where they are going to lay the smack down on apps that use “Insta” or “Gram” in their names. I suppose you can read about their reasons for doing so, but on to happier news this time around. Nokia executive VP Chris Weber, in his recent visit to Thailand where he reiterated the Finnish smartphone manufacturer’s goal to overtake Samsung as the global leader in mobile phone market share, also did mention that the Windows Phone Store would be welcoming the Instagram app in due time.
I would say that this has been a long time in coming, since Instagram’s absence on the Windows Phone platform has led to a bunch of third party substitutes released, where most of them are unable to upload images to Instagram after Instagram decided to prevent direct third party uploads to its site. Well, do you think that Instagram on Windows Phone will help Nokia achieve this lofty goal of theirs, that is to overtake Samsung when they are at the top of their game? Only time will tell.
Next Story: Pandora Sleep Timer On Mobile Announced
- 2014-04-17: #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-04-17: Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-04-07: Microsoft Reveals Why Their Low-End Devices Do So Well
- 2014-04-03: Hands-On : Nokia 630 And 635 Review
- 2013-07-15: Nokia Is "Working Hard" To Bring Instagram Onto Windows Phone
- 2012-12-17: Could Instagram be a Nokia Lumia exclusive?
- 2012-09-10: Instagram For Windows Phone May Arrive Soon