A couple of months ago we reported that the Nokia Lumia 520 was apparently selling out in India, and given the phone’s affordable price tag, it wasn’t hard to see why it became a pretty popular device as far as Windows Phone devices were concerned. Well it looks like apart from selling like hotcakes in India and helping Nokia achieve a higher market share in the UK, a report from Teknikka & Talous, a publication based in Finland, it looks like the Lumia 520 has gone and become the top seller amongst carriers in Nokia’s home of Finland.
According to the report, the Lumia 520 was only launched in Finland last month but it seems that the device had no trouble becoming the top seller across three of Finland’s mobile operators. Given that Samsung is dominating in Finland, this is a victory that Nokia could definitely use. While Windows Phone might not be the number one platform in the world, it over in Finland the platform appears to be doing quite well and last we heard, it managed to nab about 20% of the market share and we have to wonder if the Lumia 520 will be helping those numbers increase.
Next Story: Apple Acquires Chip Maker Passif Semiconductor
- 2014-04-17: #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-04-17: Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-04-07: Microsoft Reveals Why Their Low-End Devices Do So Well
- 2014-02-25: Lumia 520 Crowned "Best Low Cost Smartphone" At 2014 GMA Awards
- 2014-02-23: Windows Phone 8.1 Running On The Lumia 520 [Video]
- 2014-02-20: Lumia 520 Still Dominating Windows Phone In 2014
- 2013-11-26: Nokia Lumia 520 Continues To Dominate The Windows Phone Market