As much as we try to live a life free of paper, you’re going to come across a time in your life where you absolutely need a printer to fill out paperwork, print out customized greeting cards, or to print out incriminating evidence for later use. Printers are a dime a dozen these days, which is why if you’re going to purchase one, you might as well go for an eco-friendly printer.
Samsung has announced they’re in the process of considering one of three designs for its eco-friendly printer, which they expect to become an actual finished product. At this time, the eco-friendly printer is only a concept, but the minute they go on sale, they’d probably blow the minds of everyone both in the tech and green world considering it’s a printer made out of cardboard.
Assembly is said to be easy as the user would just have to fold along a number of dotted lines and pre-indented creases, which if you’ve done origami, then you’ll feel right at home.
The “Origami” printer is just one of the designs currently being considered to become a product by Samsung, with the other two concepts called “Clip” and “Mate.” Samsung put together a short video that highlights just how unique each design is, which you can watch for yourself above.
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Costs $256 To Build, According To IHS Teardown
- 2011-08-23: Samsung launches new eco-friendly laser printers
- 2011-05-26: Samsung printer might make paper jams a thing of the past
- 2011-04-15: Eco-Friendly Samsung Replenish officially launched by Sprint CEO Dan Hesse
- 2009-09-07: Samsung S5500E Lydford eco-friendly phone
- 2010-04-20: Sprint rolls out Samsung Restore messaging phone