It was only a couple of days ago when Samsung basically confirmed that the Galaxy Note 3 and the Galaxy Gear smart watch will be making their debut at IFA 2013 at Samsung’s 4th September press event. While the smart watch’s alleged specifications have since been leaked, @evleaks has since posted a couple of screenshots of the upcoming accompanying app for the device. According to the screenshot, it seems that a smartphone device, presumably one of Samsung’s Galaxy series, will be used to control the smart watch and manage some of its features.
It seems that one of the features of the smart watch has also been confirmed and it is that of its NFC and Bluetooth connectivity which it will use to pair together with the smartphone. Through the accompanying app, users will also be able to manage the watch’s apps, and it looks like Samsung has a couple of apps ready for the device as well, according to the “Samsung Apps” section. There’s even a “Find my watch” feature which presumably will allow the user to locate their watch should they misplace it, although the range of this feature remains unknown (does it need to be within Bluetooth range or can it be tracked across town?). In any case more will be revealed on the 4th of September, so check back with us then for the details.
- 2014-04-22: Apple's Latest Ad Is A Not-So-Subtle Jab At Samsung
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit Reportedly Expensive To Repair
- 2014-04-22: PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime Spotted In Manifest (Rumor)
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2013-09-04: Galaxy Gear Review: Hands-On
- 2013-09-04: Galaxy Note 3: Hands-On Review
- 2013-09-03: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 APKs Hint At Fingerprint Scanning Feature
- 2013-09-02: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Could Feature 2.5GB Of RAM, Not 3GB
- 2013-08-27: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 And Galaxy Gear Confirmed For 4th September Unveiling