A number of recent rumors suggest that Samsung will unveil the Galaxy Gear smartwatch alongside Galaxy Note 3 at its event on September 4th in Berlin. The company has long been rumored to be working on a smartwatch, as per rumors the Galaxy Gear will actually act as a companion for the company’s Galaxy lineup of Android powered devices. A recent report from Bloomberg suggested that the smartwatch will have ability to make phone calls. The Verge contradicts this report with one of their own, claiming that their sources say the watch won’t be able to make calls, “the watch is not a phone,” to be precise.
Not much is known about Samsung’s much rumored smartwatch at this point in time. Patents suggest that the Korean manufacturer’s watch might have a flexible display, but we haven’t heard anything about this being the case with Galaxy Gear. A new rumor claimed that while Galaxy Note 3 will be released next month, Samsung will probably release the smartwatch in October. The company itself has not said anything about a smartwatch right now. Its invite for the September 4th event was quite evidently about the Galaxy Note 3, it didn’t contain any hints about a smartwatch. Fortunately, September 4th isn’t far off, so its only a matter of time before we get to see what Samsung has up its sleeve.RELATED
- Google TV Might Be Brought Under The 'Nexus' Umbrella
- Power Practical Announces PowerPot X And PowerPot XL
- Digital Foci Announces Picture Porter Advanced
- Palette Is A Set Of Modular Controls For The Working Professional
- RUNSAFER Shoes Let You Know You’re Doing It Right (Or Wrong)
- Follow: galaxy gear, Galaxy Note 3, Samsung, Wearable Tech,