According to the rumors, Samsung is expected to debut their first Tizen-based smartphone in October, and a recently sighting of a certain SGH-N055 was revealed to be a possible Tizen smartphone aimed at Japan’s NTT DOCOMO. Now it seems that another Tizen device has been revealed, this time going by the model number SM-Z9005, although we’re not sure if it’s the same device just with a different model and possibly destined for another market, but the specs of the device have been revealed thanks to its UAProf string on Samsung’s website.
According to the UAProf, the SM-Z9005 will be a Tizen smartphone and will come with a 720p HD display (screen size unknown). It will also be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, although it is not clear if it will be a dual-core or quad-core chipset, and we’re also wondering why Samsung has chosen to go with Qualcomm instead of turning to their own Exynos lineup of chips, although some are speculating that LTE could be the reason behind the choosing of Qualcomm’s Snapdragon chipset. Apart from that not much else is known about the device, such as what it might look like, and which markets it is expected to launch in, although hopefully more details will be shared soon.
Next Story: Legobot Is A DIY 3D Printer
- 2014-04-14: Gear Fit Compatible With Non-Samsung Devices
- 2014-04-14: Apple Staffer Shamed By Judge For Using iPhone In Court
- 2014-04-14: Samsung Galaxy K Could Be Announced On 29th April
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2014-03-17: Samsung Gear 2 And Gear 2 Neo SDK Released
- 2014-02-24: 'Too Early' For Tizen Smartphone: Samsung co-CEO [Report]
- 2014-02-23: Tizen Association Chairman Expects Phone To Be Released Later This Year
- 2014-02-18: Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 Rumored To Run Tizen
- 2014-02-03: Tizen Delay Apparently Due To Low Carrier Support