Apple’s virtual personal assistant, Siri, now takes a rather humorous swing at Google Glass. Saying “Okay Glass” to Siri will make the virtual assistant return four humorous responses at the expense of Google Glass. “Okay Glass” is actually the phrase that is used to invoke Google Glass, the origins of this phrase are explained in detail here.
The four responses are as follows: “Stop trying to strap me to your forehead. It won’t work,” “I think that Glass is half empty,” “I’m not Glass. And I’m just fine with that” and “Glass? I think you’ve got the wrong assistant.” Its unclear if Apple plans on adding more phrases to the list, these four seem to suffice though. Apple naturally won’t be too excited about Glass. Apple CEO Tim Cook said earlier this year that he doesn’t believe Google Glass will turn out to be a mass-market item. According to him, the wrist is a more natural place for wearable gadgets. There have already been a lot of rumors about Apple working on its own wearable gadget, the iWatch as it is commonly known. Nevertheless, Google has stirred up a lot of hype for Glass but we’ll only know how it performs in the market once the retail version goes on sale next year. [Image via AppleInsider]
- 2014-04-21 Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon
- 2014-04-17 Home Try-On Program For Google Glass Launched
- 2014-04-16 Book Hotels Through Google Glass Using The Starwood App
- 2014-04-15 Buy Google Glass Today In The U.S.
- 2014-04-13 Surgeon Finds Google Glass Indispensable In His Work
- 2014-04-10 72 Percent Of People Surveyed Against Google Glass Due To Privacy
- 2014-04-10 Google May Allow Anyone To Buy Glass For One Day