Google had announced the launch of an updated YouTube app for Android earlier today. It brought the usual slew of bug fixes and performance improvements, apart from a few user interface tweaks. A multi-window feature has been added to the app as well, allowing users to view a video in one window and view feeds in the other. A new app icon is also included, and so is a hamburger style menu and video suggestion overlays during playback. Google has followed up that release with an updated YouTube app for iOS which is now available for download.
YouTube 2.0 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch brings the “Play All” button for playlists. Tapping on it would relieve users of the task of manually skipping to the next video in the playlist, the app will now run through an entire collection of videos on its own. The app also allows users to watch a video while searching feeds for the next one. Chromecast users will be shown a preview screen which will let them decide to “cast” a video straight away or queue it to watch up next. YouTube 2.0 for iOS requires iOS 6.0 or higher and is available as a free download from the App Store.
- 2014-04-22 iTunes App Store Now Labels Apps With In-App Purchases
- 2014-04-22 Jailbroken iOS Devices Vulnerable To Apple ID And Password Stealing Malware
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Facebook Paper App For iOS Updated
- 2014-04-20 Beats Music Embraces In-App Subscriptions To Drive Subscriber Base
- 2014-01-21 Browse And Watch YouTube Videos On iPhone Simultaneously With Youtopia
- 2013-06-20 YouTube For Android And iOS Receives Next Video Overlay
- 2013-05-06 Gmail for iOS Updated To Open Links In Chrome, YouTube, Google Maps
- 2013-04-15 YouTube For iOS App Adds Live Streaming Support
- 2013-02-28 YouTube For iOS Gets Send To TV Feature With Xbox 360, PS3, Smart TV Support