We have been hearing a lot about the upcoming Nokia Lumia 1520, and we have seen leaked photos as well as leaked screenshots. The handset is expected to be announced in the near future and one of the carriers in the US expected to offer the device could be AT&T where the handset has been codenamed “Beastie” (versus Bandit). Thanks to a tweet by Tom Warren, a photo of the device destined for AT&T’s network has been made available, and while for the most part the handset appears to be pretty similar to the previous leaks, one small difference would be the 3 contact points shown on the back of the device towards the bottom.
This is the Lumia 1520 (codenamed Beastie) on AT&T. See if you notice anything different from other pics. pic.twitter.com/YjZLrJ40MW
— Tom Warren (@tomwarren) September 10, 2013
The contact points are indication that the upcoming Lumia 1520 is expected to be compatible with the wireless charging shells that Nokia’s other Lumia devices have supported. Wireless charging is one of the features that Nokia has embraced and brought to their Lumia devices, and have even released accessories that would support said feature, and have even partnered up with cafes to offer wireless charging while you enjoy a cup of coffee. What do you guys think? Anyone interested in wireless charging with their Nokia phablet?
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-02-26: Lumia 1520 With WP8.1 Could Be Relaunched By AT&T
- 2014-01-10: 32GB Lumia 1520 Appears On AT&T's Website
- 2014-01-07: 32GB Lumia 1520 Rumored To Arrive On AT&T January 10
- 2013-12-19: More On Black Update For AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020, Lumia 1520 Gets New Firmware Too
- 2013-11-17: AT&T Lumia 1520 Price Reduced To $99 At Online Store