We think it’s safe to say hashtags has taken over pretty much all of social networking as any network worth its salt supports hashtags, with Facebook even getting in on the hashtag love. But if you read someone’s update who uses a hashtag out loud, the concept of hashtags seems a little silly, especially if you’re the kind of person to use hashtags in real world conversations. Jimmy Fallon showed just how silly this trend can be as he had a casual conversation with his friend, Justin Timberlake.
Both Fallon and Timberlake hold a regular discussion talking about cookies, their latest favorite shows and what their plans are for Halloween. Throughout the entire conversation, not only are hashtags thrown in at the end of each sentence, but they also make the hashtag sign with their fingers any time a hashtag is used. The result of the two-minute conversation both Fallon and Timberlake have is pretty funny, although at the same time, would be completely annoying if non-celebrities attempted to speak like this in the real world.
If you learn anything from this video, it’s that you should use hashtags responsibly and never, ever attempt to take them in the real world.
- 2014-04-16: Google Offering $100,000 For Best Project Ara Module
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-16: Google Develops Algorithm That Can Decipher Its Own CAPTCHAs
- 2014-04-16: Google Launches Standalone Camera App For Android
- 2014-04-16: Chrome Remote Desktop Hits Mobile Devices
- 2013-12-17: Instagram Verified Accounts Not Coming Anytime Soon
- 2013-11-19: Social Media Experiment Proves How Easy It Is To Find Out Things About A Total Stranger
- 2013-08-29: New YouTube Logo Makes Its Way To Service's YouTube, Twitter Profiles
- 2013-08-25: US Open To Feature Social Media Wall
- 2013-06-28: Number Of Vine Shares On Twitter Drop Following Instagram's Video Announcement