We think it’s safe to say hashtags has taken over pretty much all of social networking as any network worth its salt supports hashtags, with Facebook even getting in on the hashtag love. But if you read someone’s update who uses a hashtag out loud, the concept of hashtags seems a little silly, especially if you’re the kind of person to use hashtags in real world conversations. Jimmy Fallon showed just how silly this trend can be as he had a casual conversation with his friend, Justin Timberlake.
Both Fallon and Timberlake hold a regular discussion talking about cookies, their latest favorite shows and what their plans are for Halloween. Throughout the entire conversation, not only are hashtags thrown in at the end of each sentence, but they also make the hashtag sign with their fingers any time a hashtag is used. The result of the two-minute conversation both Fallon and Timberlake have is pretty funny, although at the same time, would be completely annoying if non-celebrities attempted to speak like this in the real world.
If you learn anything from this video, it’s that you should use hashtags responsibly and never, ever attempt to take them in the real world.RELATED
- Pharrell Launches 24-Hour Interactive Music Video For 'Happy'
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- YouTube Commenters Invade Conan To Yell Random Things At Him
- Digg iOS App Updated With Digg Video Support
- Google Street View Takes Us Through The Canals, Streets Of Venice, Italy
- Follow: Facebook, Google, instagram, twitter,
- Seen at: youtube