Prior to the Xbox One being officially announced, many names of the console were speculated. Some thought it might be called the Xbox 720, but if there was one name that kept popping up was the Xbox Infinity moniker. Well obviously it turns out that it wasn’t the Xbox Infinity, but apparently it was one of the names that Microsoft was considering for their next-gen console. This was confirmed by Microsoft’s Albert Penello during an interview with Forbes, where according to Penello, “The name Xbox Infinity was in the running, I can say that. [The brand guys are] crafty. Who’s to say that they didn’t leak that name out in the weeks ahead of the launch? They are very crafty.”
Perhaps the name was leaked on purpose to see what the public’s reaction was, and perhaps it did not meet the expectations of Microsoft which might explain why in the end Microsoft went with the Xbox One moniker, but what do you guys think? Would you have preferred if the next-gen Xbox console be known as the Xbox Infinity? Or do you think that the Xbox One has a better ring to it?
- 2014-04-10: Skype For Xbox One Getting Update Next Week
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One YouTube App Will Now Support Uploads
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-06: Xbox 360 Emulation On Xbox One Mulled
- 2014-04-06: Microsoft Reportedly Working On New Xbox One Controller Update