Landing a job in the market today is harder than ever but it seems that Nokia is looking to do their part for the community by launching an app called the Internship Lens. The app is built off the company’s earlier efforts called JobLens and basically what it does is that it will help recent college graduates look for a job, or an internship, in the immediate area as well as based on what they have been trained in, meaning that you will not be placed at jobs that are irrelevant to your field or study, hopefully.
This is a joint effort by Nokia and Internships.com, which for those unfamiliar, is the world’s largest database on job opportunities. The app will be made available for download today, although it seems to be limited to just Nokia Lumia Windows Phone owners based in the US, so those living outside of the US will have to find a job without any help from Nokia! When an internship is found, users have the option to choose to Save it for later, Share it with someone who they think might be better suited, or Apply for the internship position themselves. Sounds like a pretty good idea and kudos to Nokia for their efforts.
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20 Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17 #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17 Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-04-02 Nokia Announces New Badges Program To Reward Their Developers
- 2014-03-07 Nokia Brags About Windows Phone Apps
- 2014-03-03 Nokia Discourages Developers To Copy UI Elements From Other Platforms
- 2014-02-26 Nokia Launches Contest To Attract Android Developers
- 2014-02-26 Pebble App Ported Onto The Nokia XL