Earlier this year at CES 2013, Samsung took the wraps off their new Exynos 5 series chipset, the company’s first octa-core chipset that would make its debut in Samsung devices like the Galaxy S4. Samsung later announced a new Exynos 5 chipset in the form of the Exynos 5420, and now it looks like Samsung might have a new Exynos chipset to announce. This is according to a tweet by Samsung Exynos who according to their tweet, “Exynos processors are about to undergo another evolution… Can you guess what it will be?”
Attached to the tweet was a photo pictured above, where we can see a microphone with a defocused background. We’re not sure what new Exynos technology Samsung has to announce, and given that Samsung has pretty much announced all of its high-end devices for the year (the Galaxy S4 and the Galaxy Note 3), we expect that this new Exynos chipset could either debut in next year’s Samsung devices, or it could be a new and better chipset that has been designed for Samsung’s lower-end offerings. In any case we’ll keep our eyes peeled, but what do you guys think Samsung will have to share?
- 2014-04-24 Flexible Displays Rumored For Galaxy S6 And Galaxy Note 5
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Crystal Collection To Launch In May
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy Beam 2 Officially Launched In China
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Patent Could Hint At Galaxy Note 4's Design [Rumor]
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Outsold The iPhone 5s In Its Opening Weekend