What do you think of skateboarders and the sport that they are involved in? For some of us, it is the unique stunts that they are able to do with a skateboard, stuff that would never have been dreamed up of before perhaps a century or two prior to today. Skateparks are special places created so that skateboarders have a safe space for them to express their creativity through the various handplants and grinds that they perform, and more often than not, such skateparks would also see bladers and cyclists congregate as well. There is this particular skatepark in Sao Paulo, Brazil, which has been specially created for the Contato Multimedia Festival, an architectural lighting company 3DM that has overlaid 3D projections onto a half-pipe there so that it will create an enchanting optical illusion along the way.
The particular method which was used to develop this clever optical illusion is known as projection mapping, and more often than not, this particular technique is normally reserved for large scale light shows that other cities such as Sydney and London have showcased in the past. At least this particular idea is a fresh one, and to see it appear in a more “underground” location certainly adds to its appeal.
Next Story: Metal Gear Solid Turns 15
- 2014-03-18 Peanuts 3D Set To Grace The Silver Screen In 2015
- 2014-01-16 Adobe Introduces 3D Printing Capabilities In Photoshop
- 2014-01-15 Pin Screen On A Building Looks Out Of This World
- 2013-12-06 No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- 2013-11-27 IZON Wants You To View 3D LED TVs Sans 3D Glasses