The idea of “smell-o-vision” is one that’s been tossed around for as long as I could remember as people always seem interested in being able to smell whatever it is that’s currently showing on their TV set. But a Japanese company is looking to make smell-o-vision a reality through a combination of an iPhone application and headphone adapter.
The Hana Yakiniku kit, which simply means “Nose Grilled Meat,” has the user plugging in a specially-made scent cartridge into your smartphone that will give them the scent of grilled meat they’ve been dying to have. A free companion app will be made available to be used with the kit, which requires you to choose what meat you want to smell before you can enjoy its aroma.
The Hana Yakiniku kit will be made available on November 15 for 3,480 yen, which converts to $35.57. If you need to replace the cartridge on the kit due to over-sniffing, then each replacement cartridge will only cost you 1,000 yen, or $10.22. It may not be the cheapest way to enjoy the smell of a delicious grilled meat, but considering you can probably get multiple uses out of the kit, this can definitely be seen as a cheaper alternative to buying an actual meal on a daily basis.RELATED
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- Digg iOS App Updated With Digg Video Support
- ShutterBall Helps You Take Just The Right Selfie With Your iPhone
- Turn Your iPhone 5C Case Into A Work Of Art With CaseCollage
- iPhone 5S Users Experiencing 'Blue Screen Of Death' Bug [Video]
- Follow: iPhone, japan, smell,
- Seen at: en.rocketnews24