A while back Samsung launched the Galaxy S4 Active which was more or less the Galaxy S4 device just with waterproofing capabilities. Well apparently there is a new Galaxy S4 Active in the works, one with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset on board, but it seems that while Samsung is working on that device, it turns out that another Galaxy S4 Active is in the works as well, but this one is a low-cost and lower-specced version that goes by the model number, GT-I8580. Some have likened the device to what the Galaxy S4 mini is to the Galaxy S4, but given its display size, we don’t think it would be appropriate to call this a Galaxy S4 Active mini.
So what sort of specs are we looking at here? Well for starters the phone will sport a 4.65” 00×480 display and will be powered by an unnamed dual-core processor that has been clocked at 1.2GHz, but given that its GPU is the Adreno 305, chances are it could be a Qualcomm chipset, maybe even the Snapdragon 400. It will also come with 1GB of RAM, a 5MP rear-facing camera, a 0.3MP front-facing camera, and will run on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. No word on when the above device will be announced but given that both Tenaa and the Bluetooth SIG have given it the green light, perhaps it won’t be too long before an announcement is made.
- 2014-04-22 AT&T Stops Android 4.4.2 KitKat For Galaxy S4 Active
- 2014-04-16 LG L65 Press Rendering And Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-16 AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-02 Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2014-03-26 Nokia Lumia 630 Spotted In China
- 2014-03-26 Alleged Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 Press Rendering Leaked
- 2014-03-26 Alleged Leaked Sony Camera Slide Reveals Sony's High-End Plans
- 2014-03-14 New Samsung S Band Revealed In Leaked Slides
- 2014-02-12 Leaked Tizen Screenshot "Confirms" New TouchWiz UI