Waterproof devices seem to be the “in” thing this year, what with the Sony Xperia Z and Xperia Z1 both featuring waterproof capabilities, and the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active which offered up similar protection as well. Granted such devices might have a niche audience, as in those who require such durability and protection, but it seems that such devices have been selling well enough for Samsung to consider rolling out more similar devices in the future. This is according to a report from South Korea who claims that there has been a favorable respond to the Galaxy S4 Active and that Samsung is now considering more waterproof devices, and that a Galaxy Note 3 variant might be one of them.
It is also possible that Samsung could do away with the waterproof variants and just add such protection to future phones and that it could start with 2014’s Galaxy S5. Take it with a grain of salt for now, but what do you guys think? Would you like to see more phones in the future come with waterproofing as a default feature? Or would you rather companies not compromise on power and design just for the sake of waterproofing their products?
- 2014-04-15: Know Your Samsung Gear Compatibility
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter