Samsung might be launching a smartphone with a curved display soon. Last month at the Galaxy Gear event, the company’s executives mentioned in passing that Samsung will announce a smartphone with a curved display in October. A purported picture of such a smartphone has been leaked. It shows off the screen curved across its vertical axis, the design looks like it will fit much better in a cupped hand. No other information about this device is available as yet.
The image has been posted online moments ago by the infamous @evleaks, who has a pretty solid track record when it comes to leaks like these. He doesn’t mention any details about this device, leaving us to resort to speculation. Samsung hasn’t made any indications recently that such a device is going to be launched soon, nor has it scheduled an event up till now at which we can expect this smartphone to be launched. It remains to be seen just how practical this device is really going to be, perhaps the curved display would be less prone to scratches and breakage if it falls flat on its face. The design is unorthodox to say the least, but its different from the usual crop of smartphones. No word as yet on when this smartphone is going to be released, or what its packing under the hood.
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display