We have seen Nokia consistently take shots at the competition through a variety of mediums. It mocked Apple’s choice of colors for the iPhone 5c by tweeting a picture of its Lumia smartphones with the caption “Imitation is the best form of flattery.” Only recently it took a shot at BlackBerry through Twitter as well. The latest target is the iPad Air, a tablet that the Nokia Lumia 2520 is going up against. The tablet’s UK highlights its several features at the expense of the new Apple iPad.
A guy in the ad walks into a coffee shop to show off his iPad Air to his friends, the voice over announces that the tablet is thinner than a pencil, an obvious reference to the iPad Air ads that Apple has been running. The guy is then shown having difficulties trying to get his work done on the tablet, so he whips out his laptop. When he starts using the iPad Air again, the battery dies. That’s when he notices another person in the coffee shop with a Nokia Lumia 2520 hooked up with a Power Keyboard, which offers an additional five hours of battery life as it has an 8,000mAh battery tucked inside. So as the guy wonders if he bought the wrong tablet, you’ll probably be a little bit curious about Nokia’s new tablet as well. Do check out the ad posted above, and head to our review of the Nokia Lumia 2520 if it captures your attention.
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-04-09: Nokia X Custom Android ROM Revealed
- 2014-04-09: Nokia 225 Is Slimmest Affordable Internet Handset
- 2013-12-18: New Nokia Lumia 2520 Ad Is Creeping People Out
- 2013-12-16: Nokia 'Illusionist' 8.3 Inch Tablet Reportedly Cancelled
- 2013-12-01: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sleep Mode Bug Haunts Users
- 2013-11-20: Nokia Lumia 2520 Review
- 2013-11-18: Nokia Lumia 2520 Arriving On Verizon 21st November