A bath or a shower – which one saves more water in the long run? I guess it really depends on the user, no matter how much water a shower head can save, if you are going to stay in there for an entire hour, you might be better off soaking yourself in a tub of water. Well, there can always be improvements made to existing designs, and this is where a Swedish company has stepped forward with the idea of the OrbSys recycling shower. The OrbSys is touted to be a new generation shower which is able to save up to 90% of the water and 80% of the energy consumed by a normal shower.
Just how does it get the job done? For starters, the shower itself is able to enjoy such huge savings by virtue of being a closed-loop, recirculating system, similar in manner as to how astronauts aboard the International Space Station make use of their waste water over and over again. For those who do not care that much about the environment, how about pricking your ears when it comes to the amount of money that you can save annually? Apparently, the OrbSys is touted to be able to save you over $1,000 each year in terms of water and energy costs.
Next Story: Netflix On TV Revamped
- 2013-11-12: OrbSys Recycling Shower Is A Novel Idea
- 2012-07-23: Sprite shower is one zany outdoor ad
- 2011-06-22: The ECO Zonda Is An Eco-Friendly Jacuzzi, Tub And Shower
- 2011-06-02: Hansgrohe RainBrain is a high-tech shower device
- 2011-03-22: LED shower heads let you know how hot the water is
- 2011-02-17: H2O Shower Power keeps you entertained in the shower