HTC hasn’t said what major device it is going to release in 2014 but rumors have already been circulating. Codenamed the M8, it is believed that this device will be released in Q1, 2014. We have already seen allegedly leaked photos of the HTC M8 and have also heard about its specifications from the ever trustworthy Twitter leaker @evleaks. Additional specifications of the M8 have surfaced, thanks to a purported M8 appearing in AnTuTu benchmark results scoring just over 36,000. Those who know their AnTuTu scores know that the score is quite impressive.
This device is actually believed to be the successor to the popular HTC One. It is believed to have a 2.3GHz MSM8974 Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quadcore processor, 2GB RAM, Qualcomm Adreno 330 GPU, Ultrapixel camera, 16GB of onboard storage as well as Android 4.4 KitKat pre-installed. The M8 will apparently have a 5 inch full 1080p HD display as well. Sense 6.0 user interface is expected to be slapped on top of the Android 4.4 core OS. Pricing and availability information is not known at this point in time. HTC obviously hasn’t said anything as yet, we can’t expect it to prior to the official announcement. There haven’t been a lot of leaked pictures though, because we surely do remember that the HTC One Max pictures were leaking almost every single day, perhaps we might see more as the expected release timeframe draws near.
- 2014-04-21: HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21: HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2014-04-20: HTC Hires Former Samsung Marketing Guru
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-07: Your HTC One M8 Can Be Coverted Into A Google Play Edition
- 2014-04-03: HTC One M8 Developer Edition Price To Increase Tomorrow
- 2014-03-31: HTC One M8 Mini Release In May 'Confirmed'
- 2014-03-30: HTC: One M8 Boosted As A Feature For Benchmarks
- 2014-03-27: Carrier Claims HTC One M8 Mini Is Set To Arrive