So we know that Samsung has plans for curved/flexible displays for smartphones in the future, and the first of what’s to come came in the form of the Samsung Galaxy Round. While completely foldable displays are expected to make its debut in 2015, the folks at Bloomberg are reporting that according to their sources, it has been suggested that Samsung could be looking to launch a device with a wraparound screen come 2014.
We’re not sure what sort of features or functions this wraparound display will have, but supposedly it will allow users to quickly check on messages and notifications without having to look at the phone’s screen face on, kind of like the Galaxy Round which can be “tipped” towards you. This alleged device will make use of Samsung’s Youm technology that was showcased at CES 2013 earlier this year. No word on when this alleged device will make its debut, but take it with a grain of salt for now and hopefully more details about this device will emerge in the near future. In the meantime what do you guys think? Does this sound like a device you might be interested in, or is the concept of flexible displays still somewhat novel?
Next Story: Casio Exilim EX-10 Announced
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo