Tumblr is a popular blogging platform that’s now owned by Yahoo. The team has updated Tumblr for iOS app which now has an all new design that’s much more in sync with the look and feel of iOS 7. Apple made some drastic user interface changes in its latest iOS version, since its release quite a lot of apps have been updated and redesigned to be more consistent with iOS 7. The dashboard, where posts from followed blogs are displayed, has received a total makeover and its now much more refined, clean and easy to navigate.
There’s also a new compose screen which contains post creation options in a grid layout. The app has a new activity tap which makes it easier to stay on top of all reblogs, followers and likes. Users also have the option to reblog faster than ever before, a feature that’s quite likely to be appreciated by Tumblr users. Another new feature in this update is autocomplete for tags, making it much faster to add relevant tags to posts. Tumblr for iOS works natively on both the iPhone and the iPad, so users on the tablet’s big screen get to use the new interface as well. The app is available for free from the App Store.
Next Story: WhatsApp For Nokia Asha 501 Released
- 2014-04-22 iTunes App Store Now Labels Apps With In-App Purchases
- 2014-04-22 Jailbroken iOS Devices Vulnerable To Apple ID And Password Stealing Malware
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Facebook Paper App For iOS Updated
- 2014-04-20 Beats Music Embraces In-App Subscriptions To Drive Subscriber Base
- 2013-07-10 Tumblr Updates iOS, Android Apps To Improve Search, Discovery
- 2013-04-24 Tumblr iOS App Updated With New Social Features
- 2012-12-20 Tumblr Updates iOS App To Support iPad
- 2012-12-18 Tumblr Updates Android App To Support Tablets
- 2012-06-20 Tumblr for iOS gets revamped with new layout and other nifty features