Great news: Access to free games each month is coming for Xbox Live Gold members on #XboxOne – Details coming later in 2014
— Larry Hryb (@majornelson) November 14, 2013
We have brought you word that Microsoft’s “Games with Gold” program for Xbox 360 owners will now be extended to include the Xbox One, although this will happen only sometime next year. Larry Hryb’s Twitter feed made this particular announcement, where the Xbox Live director of programming mentioned, “Great news: Access to free games each month is coming for Xbox Live Gold members on #XboxOne – Details coming later in 2014.”
Apart from that, Hryb did not reveal any more details on just how the inner machinations of the Xbox One version would be, although we are quite sure that additional information will be shared sometime later next year. Here is a little bit of background information – Microsoft began the “Games for Gold” program for Xbox 360 owners in the summer of 2013, where paid Xbox Live Gold subscribers were able to gain access to a couple of selected downloadable games – without having to fork out a single cent. Yes sir, this means you can download two games for nothing for approximately 2 weeks before it returns to a paid game status.
Next Story: New TiVo Slide Pro Remote Announced
- 2014-04-08: Xbox Head Phil Spencer Doesn't Think Microsoft Will Dump It
- 2014-04-08: HBO Offering Xbox Users Free Access To Game Of Thrones' Premiere
- 2014-04-07: Microsoft Working On Original Content For The Xbox
- 2014-03-31: Phil Spencer Takes Over Microsoft's Xbox Division
- 2014-03-20: Microsoft Plans On Rewarding Positive Behavior On Xbox Live
- 2013-10-03: Xbox Live Gold Goes Free This Weekend
- 2013-09-16: Rainbow Six: Vegas Available For Free Through Xbox Live 'Game With Gold'
- 2013-07-12: Xbox Live Rewards Will Transition From Microsoft Points On September 1
- 2013-06-28: Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale Will Offer Deep Discounts Next Week
- 2013-04-02: Microsoft Warns Of Circulating Scam Promising 'Free Xbox Points'