ASUS unveiled its Windows 8-powered home theater PC earlier this year at Computex, which made many who want to have their home theater equipped with a Windows 8 machine giddy with excitement over the device. If you were one of the many who were extremely excited about the ASUS VivoPC, then you’ll be happy to know it’s now available for purchase starting at $320.
The VivoPC features a 1.5GHz Intel Celeron 1007U dual-core processor with Intel HD graphics, 4GB of RAM, a 500GB 7200RPM hard drive, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, SD card support, optical S/PDIF output, VGA and HDMI ports and a slew of USB ports as you’ll find 2 USB 3.0 ports and 4 USB 2.0 ports on this baby. The VivoPC also runs on Windows 8 64-bit.
One of the main selling points for the ASUS VivoPC is how small it is as it measures in at around 7.5” x 7.5” x 2.2” and weighs less than 2.7 pounds. With something that small, you could easily tuck the VivoPC away somewhere within your home theater set up without ever having to see it.
MacMall currently has the VivoPC available for $320, while Newegg is selling the home theater PC for $330. Either way, if you’re looking for a Windows 8-based home theater PC, the VivoPC looks like it’s one that will be able to keep up with many of your needs.
- 2014-04-23 AT&T Teases ASUS PadFone X In New Video
- 2014-04-15 Vivo Xshot To Feature 24MP Rear Camera
- 2014-04-10 ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09 PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-08 Next Vivo Smartphone Could Get “True Tone” Dual LED Flash
- 2014-03-27 AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24 ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April