Crytek is probably a name that many are familiar with when it comes to games on consoles and the PC, especially when the games are visually stunning. Titles such as Crysis 3 and Ryse: Son of Rome come to mind, and the good news for mobile gamers is that if you’ve loved Crytek’s previous releases, you might be interested to learn that the company will be entering the mobile space with their first title, The Collectables, which somehow makes me think of The Expendables. In any case the game will be Crytek’s first foray into mobile game and it will be a free-to-play title for iOS and Android.
The game will use the company’s CryEngine technology and will put gamers in charge of a squad of heroes where they travel the globe and accomplish missions. The game will be published by DeNA and according to Cryetk’s Paha Schulz, “DeNA offers unparalleled experience in the mobile gaming space, and we’re excited to be collaborating with their team to deliver The Collectables to players. The Collectables will be the first free-to-play mobile game that leverages Crytek’s cutting-edge 3D game technology CRYENGINE.”
The game is set for a release in 2014, but no specific dates have been provided. In any case if you’re wondering what the game might look like, be sure to check out the game’s trailer in the video above.
- 2014-04-11: Mathematicians Develop App That Will Supposedly Eliminate Jetlag
- 2014-04-11: Hitman GO Arriving On iOS 17th April
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Announces Acquisition Of ComiXology
- 2014-04-10: Google's New Calendar App Gets A Visual Overhaul
- 2014-04-09: Mobile Gamers Tend To Quit After One Day, According To Study
- 2014-03-19: Crytek's CryEngine Adopts Subscription Model At $10 A Month
- 2013-12-11: Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- 2013-03-04: Crysis 3 For The Wii U Was Close To Being Launched
- 2012-12-03: PC system requirements for Crysis 3 revealed
- 2012-08-16: Crytek promises to "melt down PCs" with Crysis 3