The Samsung Galaxy S4 is almost a year old now, but given the popularity of the Galaxy S lineup of devices, it is not surprising that Samsung is looking to squeeze as much money out of the lineup as possible. We had recently seen Samsung release a Galaxy S4 Crystal Edition, and if you’re after a Galaxy S4 handset but were holding out for whatever reasons, you might be interested to learn that according the folks at SamMobile, they have been tipped off that Samsung is set to release two new variants of the Galaxy S4 handset and the Galaxy S4 mini.
Their tipster has informed them that this variant is expected to be the “black edition”, although we’re not sure what exactly does that entail. Could it come with special accessories, a differently themed look, or could it be that both handsets will be painted entirely in black, which we have to admit sounds like it might be a good idea and would look incredibly sleek if that were true! Either way we expect the hardware to remain exactly the same and if their tipster’s information is to be believed, we can look forward to the handsets released come February 2014, which is a little odd given that the Galaxy S5 could be announced by then, meaning that the Galaxy S4 would be considered “old news” by then.
- 2014-04-15: Know Your Samsung Gear Compatibility
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2013-10-23: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Headed To AT&T, Sprint, Verizon Next Month
- 2013-10-11: AT&T, Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Leaked In Press Images
- 2013-08-01: Samsung Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S4 mini Arrives With World’s First TDD-LTE And FDD-LTE Seamless Handover Technology
- 2013-07-31: Galaxy S4 And Galaxy S4 Mini With Dual Mode LTE Expected To Release In Q3
- 2013-05-31: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Shown Off In Promotional Video