We have been hearing a fair bit of rumors regarding the Samsung Galaxy S5, and unsurprisingly so given that we’re approaching that time where Samsung is expected to make an announcement of sorts. According to the latest rumor, it seems that if you were hoping that Galaxy S5 to adopt a curved display similar to that of the Galaxy Round, you could be disappointed as sources claim that Samsung is highly unlike to adopt the Youm technology for its next-gen flagship device amidst reports that there is insufficient production capacity. We would have thought it is because curved displays at the moment couldn’t feature high resolutions, but we suppose that could be a valid reason as well.
So far we have heard how the Samsung Galaxy S5 may or may not adopt a metal body, and how the phone could even adopt a Super AMOLED display with 2K resolution, giving it an impressive pixel density of 560ppi. Of course all of this are rumors for now, so take it with a grain of salt. Still no word on when Samsung plans to announce said device, but rumors have pegged MWC 2014 as a possible candidate, while other rumors are claiming sometime in April. Either way we’ll definitely be keeping our eyes peeled, but in the meantime what do you guys think? Is it that big of a deal if the Galaxy S5 skips on the curved display?
Next Story: PS4 Helped Boost PS Vita Sales In The UK
- 2014-04-15: Know Your Samsung Gear Compatibility
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Costs $256 To Build, According To IHS Teardown