While we have been hearing a lot of Samsung Galaxy S5 rumors these days, if there’s one thing we still don’t about the phone is how it might look like. The rumors have suggested a metal body and a recently leaked photo showed off its alleged metal frame, and thanks to a recent patent by Samsung, perhaps the patent in question might clue us in to how the Galaxy S5 would look like. The photo above is the sketch of the design that Samsung had recently patented, although there’s no telling if this design might be used for the Galaxy S5 or another device, but some have speculated that it could be Galaxy S5-related.
In any case the patent describes a phone which looks thin at the sides, but sports an interesting bulge at the back. We’re not sure if in real life the phone would actually be thinner or thicker than previous Galaxy S devices, but it is certainly interesting and would be a departure from the phones that Samsung has released in the past. The ports on the phone have also shifted, with the USB and headphone jack now placed at the bottom of the device, rather than at the tops or the sides, but apart from that not much else is known. This is only speculation for now, but what do you guys think? Is this a design you could get on board with?
Next Story: YotaPhone Launched For €499
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Costs $256 To Build, According To IHS Teardown