Earlier we had reported that Samsung could be working a high-end range of handsets that would fall under its Galaxy F lineup, and coincidentally enough, a certain Samsung SM-G900F has shown up in shipping manifests. Given the earlier Galaxy F rumors, it would seem as though the “F” in the model number is more than a happy coincidence. While it is unclear as to what the SM-G900F could be, the fact that its model number is similar to the earlier reported SM-G900S, save for the last letter, it has been speculated that this could be another variant of the Samsung Galaxy S5, perhaps a more high-end version.
According to the folks at SamMobile, they are speculating that perhaps the SM-G900S could be the faux leather Galaxy S5, while the SM-G900F could be the higher-end metal version of the Galaxy S5 whose alleged metallic frame was leaked not too long ago. However like we said this is purely speculation at this point in time, and for all we know the SM-G900F could be the same Galaxy S5 device, just destined for a different market, just like how the major carriers in the US have different model names for the same device. In the meantime what do you guys think? Could we be looking at higher and lower-end Galaxy S5 handsets, like what Apple did with the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c?
- 2014-04-24 Flexible Displays Rumored For Galaxy S6 And Galaxy Note 5
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Crystal Collection To Launch In May
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy Beam 2 Officially Launched In China
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Patent Could Hint At Galaxy Note 4's Design [Rumor]
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Outsold The iPhone 5s In Its Opening Weekend
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2013-12-19 Samsung SM-G900F Appears On More Benchmarks, Could Be Galaxy S5