WhatsApp has been released on iOS for several years now, but for some reason the developers behind the company have taken a long time to issue out major updates. For example when the iPhone 5 was first released, it took them several months before the app was compatible with the phone, and now with iOS 7, it’s taken WhatsApp a couple of months but the good news for iOS 7 users is that the update has since been released. The app now features a design that seems to be more or less in line with iOS 7’s flatter and cleaner interface.
Apart from the visual overall, the update also brings about additional features and changes. This includes a new icon, improved share locations with 3D map view, new notification alerts and sounds, and also larger thumbnails when sending videos and photos. Prior to today’s release, the app was seen in photos and videos, suggesting that the update was imminent, but no timeframe was given for its release. According to the latest figures, WhatsApp is apparently the most popular messaging service, overtaking Facebook’s own Messenger platform. In any case the update is available for download via the iTunes App Store, so what are you waiting for?
Next Story: Nokia Lumia 929 Allegedly Purchased In Mexico
- 2014-04-08: German Carrier Launches WhatsApp Specific SIM Card Deal
- 2014-04-07: iOS 7 Adoption Rate Now Sits At An Impressive 87%
- 2014-04-03: iOS 7 Bug Allows The Bypassing Of Activation Lock
- 2014-03-26: iOS 7.1 Bug Lets You Hide Native Apps In Plain Sight
- 2014-03-24: iOS 7 Adoption Rate Now Sits At 85%
- 2014-03-19: WeChat Slowly Catching Up To WhatsApp, Announces 355 Million Active Users To Date
- 2014-03-18: iOS 7.1 Reportedly Causing A Myriad Of Problems For iOS Users
- 2014-03-17: Apps Crashing Less Frequently With iOS 7.1, According To Reports
- 2013-11-21: WhatsApp For iOS 7 Caught On Video
- 2013-10-09: WhatsApp For iOS 7 Screenshots Leaked