Foursquare might be one of the most widely used services around the world that people use to find great places to dine at, but it has never been a service that has allowed users to place orders for delivery, until today.
Foursquare has just announced that GrubHub Seamless has now been integrated, therefore users can now find over 20,000 restaurants in hundreds of cities across the country, and they can also place orders for delivery from local restaurants without actually ever having to leave the app.
This integration is crucial for Foursquare as it looks to grow from a service that people merely use to check-in to a place they’re visiting, be it a restaurant or a monument, and just leave it at that. Over the past few months the company has also been building up its discovery and recommendation offerings.
Taking the next step forward, it now lets users place orders from within the app, provided when users are browsing local establishments, they come across one with either the GrubHub or Seamless icon, all that’s left to be done then is to just tap on “order delivery.” Starting today the feature goes live on Foursquare.com, Android and iOS, no word if and when the Windows Phone 8 app will receive it.
- 2014-03-25: Instagram Tests Facebook Places Integration
- 2014-02-04: Microsoft Invests $15 Million Into Foursquare
- 2014-01-30: Foursquare Now Lets You Order Food Within The App
- 2013-12-05: Foursquare v7.0 For iOS Gets A Complete Revamp
- 2013-10-14: Foursquare Ads Launched
- 2013-06-25: Foursquare Gives Your Friends The Power To Check You In
- 2013-05-21: Foursquare App For Windows Phone Updated With Nokia Lumia Exclusive Features
- 2013-01-29: Foursquare For Business Managers Gets Launched
- 2012-11-05: Foursquare for iOS now features a 1 to 10 rating system on Explore
- 2012-08-09: Foursquare's "Nearby Friends" functionality returns on iOS and BlackBerry, Android up next