The News Feed is where all the magic happens on Facebook. This is where you see updates from friends, family as well as Pages you have liked and communities you have joined. Behind the scenes, News Feed measures hundreds of parameters to show what it believes to be the most relevant of updates, but that doesn’t mean its always spot on. Today, Facebook has released an updated application for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Users can now choose whose posts they wish to see in News Feed, thus allowing them to permanently reduce clutter or unwanted posts straight from their mobile devices.
The latest Facebook for iOS update doesn’t bring any major user interface changes. Apart from the aforementioned feature, the app also brings the ability to view all videos that users have uploaded in one single. There’s a caveat though, this particular feature is available on the iPhone only. Recently a change was made to Facebook on the web, the social network has tweaked News Feed to favor text status updates from friends as opposed to those from Pages, as it studies have revealed users are more likely to update their own text statuses if they see increased activity from their friends. The updated Facebook for iOS app is available for download free from App Store.
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Yahoo Wants To Become iOS' Default Search
- 2014-04-16: Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Apple's iOS, OS X, And "Key Web-Based Services" Not Affected By Heartbleed Flaw
- 2014-03-30: iOS Tweak Brings Facebook Chat Heads Onto The iPhone
- 2014-03-30: Facebook Messenger iOS Update Brings Groups, Forwarding And More
- 2013-10-16: Facebook Ads On iPhone Do Better Compared To Android
- 2013-06-19: Facebook For iOS Now Supports Status Update Emoticons
- 2013-06-13: Candy Crush Developer Releases Pet Rescue Saga On iOS, Android