We have recently been seeing several leaks of the Nokia Normandy handset which is supposedly Nokia’s attempts at making an Android device. Back then it was rumored that the handset was merely an experiment by Nokia to see what they could build if they were attempting to make an Android device, and that it most likely will not be released anytime soon, especially in face of Microsoft’s acquisition of the company which is expected to close this year. After all with Microsoft promoting Windows Phone, the last thing they’ll want to do is promote a competitor’s product, right? Not to mention the various “Scroogled” campaigns Microsoft has been running as of late.
Well as it turns out perhaps Nokia could still be looking to release the handset because thanks to a tweet by the ever-reliable @evleaks, he wrote that, “The reports of Normandy’s death have been greatly exaggerated.” @evleaks has been known to get most of his leaks correct, save for a one or two misses along the road, but for the most part he has been pretty spot on. This also corroborates earlier rumors that Nokia has decided to put the Normandy up for release, even in face of the deal with Microsoft. Assuming this is true, there’s no telling when Nokia would make such an announcement, but what do you guys think? Would you be interested in a Nokia Android device?
- 2014-04-24 Microsoft-Nokia Deal Sees Some Last Minute Changes
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20 Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17 #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-09 Nokia X Custom Android ROM Revealed
- 2014-03-27 Nokia X Series Handsets Hit Russia With Yandex Apps
- 2014-03-05 Nokia X Will Be Hitting Malaysia First This Week For $121
- 2014-03-03 Nokia Discourages Developers To Copy UI Elements From Other Platforms
- 2014-02-26 Nokia Launches Contest To Attract Android Developers