Interested in a smartwatch? There are a few companies out there at the moment offering such products, such as Motorola, Sony, Samsung, and Pebble, who might not have the same amount of clout as the other companies, but certainly made waves with its Kickstarter project from back in 2012. Given that 2014 appears to be the year of smartwatches, with expected entrances from the likes of Apple, Pebble would definitely need to step up their game and come CES 2014, perhaps the company might have something new to show us. According to Pebble’s blog, the company has something to show us, something “special” to be exact. Given that the company’s focus appears to be smartwatches at the moment, chances are we could be looking at an improved/upgraded version of the original Pebble watch.
Of course it could be something else entirely so we guess we will just have to wait and see. Pebble is expected to make their announcement at 11AM PST on the 6th of January, so do check back with us then for all the details! So what do you guys think? What does Pebble have in store for us, and if it is a smartwatch, do you think Pebble has what it takes to take on the likes of Samsung, Apple, and even Google, all of whom have vast amounts of resources available to them?
Next Story: Cobra Drive HD Series Dash Cams
- 2014-04-03: Pebble 2.1.1 Update Unbricks The Smartwatch
- 2014-04-01: Pebble 2.1 Update Reportedly Causing Some Watches To Brick
- 2014-01-17: Best of CES 2014 Ubergizmo Awards
- 2014-01-10: Dive Is The $89 Alternative To The Oculus Rift
- 2014-01-10: The Matias SecurePro Keyboard Comes With 128-bit AES Encryption
- 2014-01-10: Bens Electric cPot Cloud Intelligent Cooking Appliance
- 2014-01-09: WiTricity Charges iPhone Sans Wires
- 2014-01-09: Archos' Smartwatch To Be Sold For $50
- 2014-01-08: Basis Carbon Steel Edition with Advanced Sleep Analysis – hands-on video
- 2014-01-06: Pebble Steel SmartWatch with New Apps