When the Samsung Galaxy Gear was announced last year, it was met with a lot of enthusiasm. After all not only was Samsung joining the wearable tech race, but many were also interested to see what Apple’s rival could have in store for them. While Samsung made a good effort with the Galaxy Gear, flaws such as limited device compatibility and poor battery life (about a day’s worth, last we checked) prevented it from going on to be a huge success. Perhaps Samsung is learning from their mistakes or perhaps they are trying something new, but according to a report from ZDNet Korea, the Galaxy Gear 2 is expected to be something of a radical departure from its predecessor.
According to the report which was based on tips from unnamed Samsung officials, the Galaxy Gear 2 will feature a major redesign and will launch as more of a fashion product rather than a technological gadget. It has also been suggested that it will feature a flexible/curved display. This particular rumor is not completely out of the question as Samsung has shown off its curved displays before, such as in the Galaxy Round, so for them to make a watch with a curve display is possible. Their sources go on to state that the Galaxy Gear 2 could even be announced in London, with the announcement taking place in March or April, less than a year from the original Galaxy Gear announcement because apparently Samsung is worried about Apple and LG launching their own wearable devices. Take it with a grain of salt for now, but hopefully Samsung will learn from the mistakes of the Galaxy Gear and surprise us with a successor.
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-04-07 Gear Solo Is Samsung's 3G Capable Smartwatch [Rumor]
- 2014-02-22 Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 and Galaxy Gear Neo Smart Watches Launched at MWC
- 2014-02-16 AT&T Galaxy Gear Price Gets A $100 Cut
- 2014-02-10 Galaxy Gear 2 Rumored To Be Priced Lower Than iWatch
- 2014-02-04 Galaxy Gear Price Cut Possible