We expect that come MWC 2014, HTC will take the wraps off the successor to the HTC One in the form of the HTC M8. Based on the rumors and an alleged leaked photo (which may or may not be fake), it has been suggested that the design of the HTC M8 will be somewhat similar to the HTC One, which in all honestly is not that bad of an idea since the HTC One was a pretty nicely designed device. However what about software? Will HTC be overhauling its Sense UI that many have come to know and possibly love? Well thanks to a recent photo posted by @evleaks, the answer might be yes.
As you can see in the screenshot above, the photo posted is allegedly that of the upcoming HTC M8 and possibly also future HTC devices that will sport the latest UI as well. If you’re wondering why it feels so familiar, it is because it uses the tile layout that is somewhat similar to Windows Phone design, and also somewhat reminiscent of Samsung’s leaked Magazine UX for its upcoming Galaxy S5. Of course there’s no telling if this UI is the real deal, especially after the previous HTC M8 photo was sort of debunked by a HTC exec, so take it with a grain of salt for now. However if it is the real deal, it does look pretty nice and corroborates earlier rumors about the on screen buttons. What do you guys think?
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2014-04-07: Your HTC One M8 Can Be Coverted Into A Google Play Edition
- 2014-04-06: Mysterious HTC 0PAJ3 Spotted On AnTuTu Benchmarks
- 2014-03-12: HTC Desire 816, Hands-On Preview
- 2014-02-24: HTC Desire 816 Announced
- 2014-02-05: Alleged HTC M8 Photo Leaked
- 2014-01-20: New HTC M8 Cases Leaked
- 2014-01-03: Alleged HTC M8 Specs Leaked