We have been hearing rumors that Apple could be working on a larger iPad which could sport a 12.9-inch display called the iPad Pro. Rumors being rumors, it’s hard to tell if the tablet will ever see the light of day or if it even exists at all. In the meantime if you were looking forward to seeing it in 2014, you might be disappointed to learn that the tablet might not be launching this year after all. Instead the rumored iPad Pro could see a release in 2015. This is according to KGI Securities analyst, Ming-Chi Kuo, who has in the past been relatively accurate with his predictions of Apple’s plans.
According to Kuo, he believes that Apple will only release an updated version of the iPad Air later this year. The Cupertino company will instead shift its resources from its Retina iPad Mini towards creating the iPad Pro. His research notes state, “All told, we think chances of the debut of a new iPad mini in 2H14 are slim. In addition, the 12.9” iPad is unlikely to be offered in 2014. For these reasons, we predict the only new iPad product in 2H14 will be the upgraded iPad Air.” The iPad mini is a smaller version of the iPad that has been well-received by those who prefer a smaller tablet that runs iOS. In fact it does not seem to warrant discontinuation but if Kuo’s predictions are on the money, that would seem to be the case. In the meantime what do you guys think? Will you be disappointed if the iPad Mini were to be discontinued?
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2014-04-08: Adobe Lightroom Mobile For iPad
- 2014-04-07: myBlee Math iPad App Is Childrens' Personal Interactive Math Tutor
- 2014-04-03: Office For iPad Downloaded Over 12 Million Times
- 2014-03-31: Microsoft Word For iPad Makes Top 10 List For Gross Revenue
- 2014-02-13: iPad 2 Production Reportedly Nearing Its End
- 2013-11-25: Apple iPad Mini 3 Prototype With Touch ID Spotted [Rumor]
- 2013-09-27: Gold iPad Mini 2 With Touch ID Fingerprint Scanner Leaked In New Photo [Rumor]
- 2013-08-26: iPad Mini 2 Shell Leaked In New Photos [Rumor]
- 2013-08-12: iPad 5 Features Same Thin Touch-Screen Technology As iPad Mini [Rumor]