It was just yesterday when we talked about the very real possibility of the Xbox One Media Remote launching later this week, and we are pleased as punch to report that there is no need to wait all that long, as Microsoft has already officially announced the Xbox One Media Remote, in addition to it being released on a global scale some time early next month. Folks living in the U.S. will have to fork out $24.99 a pop for this particular peripheral if they are interested. According to Microsoft, the Xbox One Media Remote would arrive in a soft, silicone finish – hopefully this means there would be no worries about grime, sweat and dirt from your hands getting smeared all over the place on it.
With the Xbox One Media Remote, one is able to enjoy control over both streaming video from the Xbox One console, in addition to Blu-ray movie discs. Right at the top of the remote, you will find Back and OneGuide buttons, where the OneGuide button would allow users to access movies and TV shows courtesy of the Xbox One’s Program Guide.
Apart from that, the Media Remote will also be able to control the TV’s volume and power thanks to the Kinect add-on and its IR blaster feature. Microsoft also mentioned, “As soon as you pick up the remote, the motion-activated backlit buttons illuminate, allowing it to be used in the darkest of rooms while playing games, watching TV shows, movies and more.” [Press Release]
Next Story: Galaxy S5 'Kids Mode' Rumored
- 2014-04-23 Xbox One For Japan Launches On 4th September
- 2014-04-21 Phil Spencer Admits More Needs To Be Done For The Xbox One
- 2014-04-17 Titanfall On Xbox One Is Top Selling Title
- 2014-04-17 5 Million Xbox One Consoles Shipped To Date
- 2014-04-17 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Indefinitely Delayed And Possibly Cancelled For The Xbox One
- 2013-11-19 Logitech Harmony Remotes To Receive Xbox One Launch Support