Over the past few years there has been increased interest in mobile fitness tracking. All sorts of devices and applications have been released, all aiming to make it easier for users to keep an eye on vital information about their bodies. Apple is expected to jump on the bandwagon as well, but recent reports suggest that it might offer almost all of those functions under just one roof, the rumored Healthbook app in iOS 8.
Now there has been talk about Healthbook before, but recent rumors suggest that it might do more than keeping an eye on calories burnt and steps walked. Apparently the app would be able to measure weight, blood pressure, heart rate, oxygen saturation, blood sugar and even respiratory rate. It may even have the ability to track the user’s hydration, nutrition, bloodwork and sleep.
Its believed to have a Weight feature through which users can keep track of their BMI or Body Mass Index and body fat. Nutrition feature will let users monitor daily food intake to ensure they don’t cheat on their diets, both features could prove to be very useful for people on a weight loss program. Its unclear as yet from where all of this data is going to be sourced from. Rumors indicate that Healthbook might pull in data from the much rumored iWatch, but Apple’s smartwatch is nowhere to be seen at the moment.
Therefore its believed to be a possibility that even if Healthbook gets ready by the time iOS 8 is to be unveiled, Apple may push its release back to wait until the corresponding hardware device is ready.
- 2014-04-23 iPod Lineup Could Be Replaced By iWatch, According To Analyst
- 2014-04-21 Apple Trademark Change Fuels iWatch Frenzy
- 2014-04-20 Nike Digital Sports Division Layoff Might Be A Boon To The Apple iWatch
- 2014-04-20 Sketchy Photo Of iOS 8 On iPhone 5S Appears Online
- 2014-04-17 iOS 7.1.1 Release Expected Soon
- 2014-04-16 iOS 8 Could Feature Built-In Song Identification Thanks To Shazam [Rumor]
- 2014-02-02 iOS 8 Will Reportedly Be Focused On Mobile Health