TomTom has evolved over the years to remain relevant, as churning out dedicated GPS navigation devices alone is not going to cut the mustard. Hence, their foray into the fitness device market has reaped dividends, and they intend to pursue this course of action even further with the TomTom Runner Cardio GPS sport watch. This particular timepiece does not only inform you of the current time, it also comes with a built-in Heart Rate Monitor so that you need not have to burden yourself by wearing a separate chest strap.
Having said that, obtaining heart rate information during your workout is now a snap, and hopefully with the TomTom Runner Cardio GPS sport watch, you will be able to improve your performance with accurate, real-time metrics. This allows one to train in the optimal heart rate zone, where you can choose from one of five intensity zones to match their training goals, as well as be on the receiving end of alerts that let you know whether you need to speed up or slow down. This waterproof watch is also pretty tough, being capable of working in all kinds of weather, and has up to 10 hours of battery life with GPS turned on. The asking price? $269 apiece. [Press Release]
- 2014-04-14: Lechal Smart Shoes Update
- 2014-04-08: Toyota Sports Drive Logger Replays Circuit Runs At Home
- 2014-03-27: Magellan SmartGPS 5390 Announced
- 2014-03-06: HereO Watch Helps Parents Keep Tabs On Their Kids
- 2014-01-03: TomTom Go Series with TomTom Traffic
- 2013-02-14: TomTom Rider, A Motorcycle GPS Guidance System
- 2012-10-04: TomTom for Android makes its way into the Google Play store
- 2012-08-29: TomTom for Android to be announced at IFA
- 2012-06-06: TomTom to launch on Android devices "fairly soon"