It goes without saying that companies ought to move on with the times, and that would include its offerings to the masses. When it comes to software or hardware, a new iteration is always more than welcome, especially when it deals with the introduction of better features that go one up against the rest of the competition. Twitter has been around for quite a while already, and your Twitter profile tells the entire world who you are to a certain extent. Twitter has redesigned the user profile thanks to a new and improved web profile.
This new web profile would enable one to make use of a larger profile photo, not to mention letting you customize your header, and to show off your best Tweets, among others. Just what are best Tweets? They are basically tweets that have already received more engagement than the rest, appearing a wee bit larger so that your best content is a snap to locate.
Not only that, you also have the Pinned Tweet feature, where you are able to pin one of your tweets right on top of the page, making it a snap for your (legions of) followers to check out what you are made up of. Filtered Tweets gives you the option to pick from the timeline of your choice whenever you check out other profiles, where you can select from Tweets, Tweets with photos/videos, or Tweets and replies options. This new profile setup is already available to a select group of users. [Press Release]
- 2014-04-13: Almost Half Of All Twitter Accounts Have Never Tweeted [Report]
- 2014-04-13: Twitter.com Gets Real-Time Pop-up Notifications
- 2014-04-08: Twitter User Profile Redesign
- 2014-04-07: Twitter Acquires Cover, A Popular Android Lock Screen
- 2014-04-06: Twitter Has 15 New Ad Products It Would Like To Target You With
- 2014-04-03: Vine Direct Messaging Launched