NEC has a heart for the future with their new power strip that boasts an integrated processor and sensor, working in tandem with a remote control that is said to reduce power consumption by up to 15% and above. Dubbed the Green Tap, it comes with a quartet of outlets and can be used in both offices and at home. Targeting all kinds of electrical appliances, the Green Tap will monitor a range of data including luminosity, temperature, humidity or human heat around it. For example, if you move out from the room where your TV is placed, the sensor will send an infrared signal from the power strip to the remote control which sends the TV into standby mode. Talk about a truly sentient home!
Next Story: Cellphone diagnoses cough
- 2013-11-14: NEC PaPeRo Petit Announced
- 2013-11-12: NEC Develops Cameraless Monitoring System
- 2013-10-02: NEC NeoFace Face Recognition Technology
- 2013-09-30: NEC Portable DNA Analyzer aims for 30 minute identification window
- 2013-08-01: NEC Quits Making Smartphones, Maintains Tablet Market
- 2010-08-29: NEC looks to roll out phones made from cashew nut shells