This is still very much a rumor at the moment, and considering the amount of publicity the device has got before this, we are more than a little suspicious. Word is going around that HP has decided to kill off its Windows 7 tablet computer, the HP Slate. The device was first unveiled by Microsoft’s CEO, Steve Ballmer, at CES 2010, and was scheduled to be released in the middle of 2010. Now, according to the rumor, HP isn’t too satisfied with Windows 7 as a tablet operating system, and is also abandoning the Intel-based hardware for its slate lineup because its too power hungry. Of course, if this does turn out to be true, the alternatives would be to use Google’s Android OS or possibly webOS, thanks to the recently acquired Palm. Do you think that HP will be ditching its Slate, or is this just another rumor just before the weekend?
- Chromecast Now Able To Stream Web-Based Google Play Content
- ASUS VivoPC Windows 8-Powered Home Theater PC Now Available
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- Google Opening Showrooms In Six U.S. Cities For The Holidays
- Man Implants Large Biometric Computer Chip Into His Forearm