While we’re busy thinking of having robots fetch us beer at home, FedEX CEO Fred Smith is already envisioning a future where unmanned flying drones will be able to deliver packages to consumers, instead of being limited to military duties only. In his vision, these planes will not be entirely unmanned, rather a lead plane would be piloted by a human, but a squadron of robotic cargo planes will follow closely behind it, flying in a “V” formation, greatly increasing the amount of cargo that it can deliver. With that in mind, maybe we can look forward to a future where there will be robotic drones knocking on our front door with a package for us to sign.RELATED
- Robot Drivers Help Ford Test Vehicle Durability
- Hitachi Ropits Self-Driving Vehicle
- Flying Cars Better Off With Robot Chauffeurs?
- Astrobotic Technology Contract with NASA Aims to Improve Lunar Prospecting
- Nevada approves self-driving cars on public roadways
- Follow: drone, fedex, plane, robot,
- Seen at: dvice