Just when we were ready to enjoy the week-end, the new Macbook Air 11.6″ has landed in our (big) mailbox. if you’re curious, here’s what it looks like *in the real world* and what’s in the box. Here’s our first impression so far: the laptop is indeed very small and after having used 10.6″ computers for some time, I’d say that 11.6″ is noticeably more comfortable, even if 13.3″ is my personal sweet spot. The quality is similar to larger Macbook Pros. The Unibody design has been tweaked to make the laptop thinner in the front, where it is about as thick as a smartphone. In the back, it is about twice as thick, but that is still about 2/3 of an inch. Video in the full post.
The trackpad is the size of an iPhone, which is slightly smaller than on a Macbook Pro, but still larger than most 11.6″ computers out there. It is otherwise the same than its larger counterpart. Upon turning it on, we’ve looked at the display. It is pretty much like the glossy display for Macbook Pro and its 1366×768 resolution makes things pretty sharp. There are higher pixel density out there, but so far there’s nothing to complain on that side.
We’ll publish the complete review very shortly, so keep an eye on Ubergizmo. In the meantime, you can read our Macbook Pro Review or our iPhone 4 Review. also a “do not miss” the HTC Surround Review, one of the very first Windows Phone 7 devices. Enjoy your week-end!
Next Story: Edifier Soundbar USB targets notebook owners
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-03-23: 12-Inch MacBook Rumored Once Again
- 2014-03-12: Broken MacBook Pro Fixed By Being 'Cooked' In An Oven
- 2014-02-18: Apple Patent Suggests MacBooks With Touch Controls
- 2014-02-13: Apple Confirms Suppliers Do Not Use Conflict Minerals
- 2011-08-23: Apple resellers raise prices of 13" MacBook Air
- 2011-05-08: HP Mini 210 Netbook, Updated
- 2010-04-13: New Macbook Pro Unboxing (+video)
- 2010-10-27: MacBook Air Review
- 2010-11-12: MacBook Air Now Seen as Cannibalizing iPad Sales