It’s only fitting that a site named pre central gets the exclusive scoop on HP’s upcoming tablets, and the scoop is what they got. The folks there received a “massive document” that details HP’s plans for the Topaz webOS tablet. While the plans aren’t final, it sure looks like HP is going to release a pretty sweet tablet this year. The Topaz will feature a 9.7″ 1024 x 768 screen, a dual-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm MSM8660 processor that has a built-in Adreno 220 GPU (which supports Open GLES 2.0, Open VG 1.1. acceleration, 1080p video and integrated GPS), 512MB of RAM, 16/32/64GB of storage, and a front facing 1.3 megapixel camera.
It looks like HP-Palm are planning to make the Topaz a viable audio machine as well – there are listed plans to get the Beats audio branding on the device and the software/and or hardware from them as well. The option to carrier brand for 3G or 4G isn’t out of the question either. The Topaz will also feature Touchstone v2 for wireless charging and added functionality.
The Topaz does look like it could be a viable competitor in the tablet market – let’s just hope that HP-Palm won’t have any trouble getting developers to create apps for webOS. Head over to pre central to read up more about the upcoming HP-Palm tablet, and let us know what you think about it.RELATED
- Assassin's Creed: Pirates Released For Android, iOS And Kindle Fire
- Galaxy Tab 3 Lite Release Expected Next Month
- ASUS PadFone Mini To Launch In Taiwan Next Week
- iPads Still Popular Amongst Enterprise Users
- Samsung Reportedly Working On Flexible Tablet Displays With Stylus Support
- Follow: HP, hp palm, leak, palm, specs, Tablet, webos, webos 2.0,