Apple’s own files have hinted at a Free MobileMe in the past and Steve Jobs himself said that MobileMe would get a “lot better” in 2011. At this point, it looks like it’s going to happen as MobileMe packages are said to be removed from sales points. How does that fit in Apple’s larger cloud strategy?
It’s not clear, but for owners of multiple Apple devices, it’s kind of annoying that songs have to be synchronized to all of them via a “main” computer with iTunes. Apple could allow users to upload song bought from iTunes to a cloud for playback over WIFI or 3G. If that’s the case, Apple might give MobileMe away so that all users can benefit from the new service (and still have a premium option with added storage). After all, the average user doesn’t buy that much music (in GB).RELATED
- Apple's PrimeSense Acquisition Could Be Used To Improve Maps
- Apple's iOS Platform Nets Developers Five Times More Revenue Than Android
- Foxconn Tasks 300,000 Workers With Production Of Half A Million iPhone 5s Daily
- Apple Reportedly Ups Retina iPad Mini Orders To 4 Million In November
- iPhones Account For 76% Of All Smartphone Sales In Japan This October
- Follow: Apple Inc, cloud, mobileme, music, Storage,